Friday, October 8, 2010

Dedication

 Ever so often days come along that we can put the faith stake in and say this day is to be remembered.  So it will be for this Sunday, 10-10-10.  Madelyn's life will be dedicated to God.   We are taking a stand . . . to the best of our ability . . . to see that Madelyn will go the way God has planned for her. 

Generation after generation, the people of God have dedicated themselves to God.  Look at the people in the ancient days.  They had broke free of the generations of slavery and were able to see that it was God who brought them across the line from oppression to freedom:
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my victory.
He is my God, and I will praise him; he is my father's God, and I will exalt him! (Exodus 15:2, NRS)

They came to the place of realizing God was not just God but their God.  When you get down to it, we are freed from the pressure of the stuff of  life when we realize the God of this universe wants to have an intimate relationship with you and I, and we enter into it.

The thing is . . . we are enslaved by the things in  life that are not of God.  It matters when we do the things that separate ourselves from God.  Alignment with the ways of God, in other words obedience, not only releases us but strengthens us. 
Everything within us becomes right on a day that we dedicate our life to God.  It is summed up with Madelyn's life verse:
I'm bursting with God-news;
I'm dancing the song of my Savior God.
God took one good look at me, and look what happened—
I'm the most fortunate woman on earth!
What God has done for me will never be forgotten,
the God whose very name is holy, set apart from all others.
His mercy flows in wave after wave
on those who are in awe before him.
He bared his arm and showed his strength,
scattered the bluffing braggarts.
He knocked tyrants off their high horses,
pulled victims out of the mud.
The starving poor sat down to a banquet;
the callous rich were left out in the cold.
He embraced his chosen child, Israel;
he remembered and piled on the mercies, piled them high.
It's exactly what he promised,
beginning with Abraham and right up to now.
(Luke 1:46-55, The Message)

Mary dedicated her life to God and was . . .
Bursting with God-news . . .
Dancing the song of Savior God . . .
as
God's mercy flowed as the waves of the sea  piled high.

Dedicate yourself to God.
Live.
Celebrate . . .  bursting with God-news and dancing the song of Savior God
Remembering
God is your God just as those in the ancient days remembered that God had provided the way . . . a  dry path on the bottom of the Red Sea and piled up walls of water . . . to freedom.

Learning  to KickStart the day in dedication to God,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie L. Palmer © 2010 All Rights Reserved)