Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Time To Change

It is time to change some things in my life, after all it is the New Year.  I am not sure why, but many of us plan to make a significant change in the New Year.  We change our diet,  exercise program,  organizational regime, job, and even relationships as if we believe that we are destined to do something new when we begin a New Year. 

So. I have made my list of goals for the New Year.  Each goal this year is centered on keeping my life balanced.  Which by the way, will be somewhat of a change.  Sometimes change can freak me out for awhile; however, the more I  get into the rhythm of the change . . . like my top three changes, which are diet, exercise, and organization . . . the more I know I can and want to do it.

The key is making changes that God has made clear that I need to make. Whether it is in prayer, meditation, or talking to people that I trust . . . God reveals the things that I need to change . . .  and God is the one that will do the new work in me as I align myself with His will.  I like how the Message describes the power of the changes God makes:
16-21This is what God says,
   the God who builds a road right through the ocean,
   who carves a path through pounding waves,
The God who summons horses and chariots and armies—
   they lie down and then can't get up;
   they're snuffed out like so many candles:
"Forget about what's happened;
   don't keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.
   It's bursting out! Don't you see it?
There it is! I'm making a road through the desert,
   rivers in the badlands . . . .(Isaiah 43: 16-19a, The Message)

When I know God is in the change . . . I can have confidence that He will build a road through the obstacles in my life  . . .  and will summon divine armies to battle my battles.  Because of the work of God,  I can forget what I have done in the past and look forward to what changes God is doing in me.
So.
Welcome the changes God has for you.
God is about making things in your life brand-new.
Look.  God will make a road through the obstacles, fight your battles, and move you forward. 
Learning to Kickstart the day excited for the changes God is making in me,
Kerrie
(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer ©2011 All Rights Reserved)