Monday, October 3, 2011

The Power of Honesty

I talked with a couple who felt they could not be honest about their circumstances.  They described their struggles as beyond difficult.  Even so, they felt criticism rather than compassion from others.  There was an aloneness in their words and demeanor.
There are times it feels like like no one could possibly understand or help us when life is challenging.  
It may appear to an observer that someone has it all together; however, even when there's a list of good things in a person's life, there's a list of challenges which have come their way.  And. Many times, they've kept their challenges secret, afraid to be vulnerable with honesty.
The thing is . . . when we fail to be honest . . . we feel more alone than ever.   
Honesty is key to healthy relationships, including with God.  When we finally get to the place we're willing to be honest before God, we will receive new strength to face all things in the day.

Consider:
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
      Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
   I will strengthen you and help you.
      I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41:10, NLT).
Failing to be honest about our circumstances with ourselves, others, and ultimately God comes from the root of fear that we will be found out and rejected; this fear separates us from God's promise recorded in Isaiah 41:
1.  God's presence: "I am with you."
2.  God's intimacy:  "I am Your God."
3.  God's empowerment: "I will strengthen you and help you."
4.  God's passion: "I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

Refuse to live in fear.  Be honest about your life. 

Remember the stuff of life, no matter how big of a deal it becomes, is worth hiding.
Intentionally live in the presence of God who is passionate about you, always present, giving you supernatural power to face the day.

Learning to Kickstart the day honest before God,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)