Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Step Into The Presence . . . Make Each Summer Day Count


Sometimes we just need to be honest and say that life is dark and downright impossible.  Translation: Life can suck!  I know mom . . .  if you are reading this . . . I should not say life sucks . . . but sometimes that is all that can be said.  As much as I like to party, life is not always a celebration.
There are going to be days that are too difficult to face regardless of how long we have followed Christ.
I have learned
not to freak-out
but
to wait
because
God always comes . . . always comforts . . . and always strengthens.  Always.
The thing is . . . when I wait and trust God . . . I can say what the Psalmist said:
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
       whom shall I fear?
       The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
       of whom shall I be afraid?
    2 When the wicked advance against me
       to devour me,
       it is my enemies and my foes
       who will stumble and fall.
    3 Though an army besiege me,
       my heart will not fear;
       though war break out against me,
       even then I will be confident.
Psalm 27:1-3
Of course, taking hold of fear and shaking it off requires an acceptance and belief that God is greater than whatever grabs us.  
How?   
We intentionally step into the presence of God, our  Light . . . Salvation . . . Stronghold . . .  which becomes the basis of our strength to face the day.  So. The Light pierces the darkness and the impossible becomes possible.  The presence of God shifts not only our perception but reality.

Take hold of fear and shake it off believing God is greater than what has grabbed you and make each summer day count.
Wait. God will come, comfort, and strengthen you.
Step into the presence of God, your Light, Salvation, and Stronghold.
And . . . regardless of how difficult life is now . . . know that there will be a day you will celebrate again.

Learning with you to KICK START the day stepping into the presence of God,
Pastor Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Palmer © 2010 All Rights Reserved)
interactstudies/ ~ kpalmer@hillchurch.com ~Church on the Hill~700 N. Hill Rd.~McMinnville, OR 97128~503.472.8476 ~www.hillchurch.com~Archives & Daily Subscription: go to http://kickstarttoday.blogspot.com/