Monday, December 20, 2010

Hoping

We celebrated Timothy's home day.  It is the day we officially became a family when he was only three months old.  God had given me the desire to adopt a child from Korea . . . which . . .  I realized at the young age five.   Obviously, my five-year-old perspective of the future could not have anticipated what led up to adopting Tim.  And, I could never have imagined all the days we have had together since that day.  But. I hoped.
Hope is a crucial component to seeing beyond the limitations of our perspective. 
Hope opens our life up to all the possibilities God has planned for us.
Hope is an attitude of expectation.
Hope brings light to a perspective of possibilities.  Without hope, we eventually see ourselves stuck . . . at a dead-end . . . with nothing . . . except impossibilities.
Choosing hope is radically intentional way to see and respond to life :
But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me (Micah 7:7).

The words watch and wait are key to intentionally living with hope.  In the ancient days, watchmen were given the task to stay alert and fully aware. It was vital for their own safety, as well as the community, to keep watch.  When we keep watch in hope for God, we see that God is eternal and not constrained to our time limitations or the circumstances we find ourselves in.  And, then there is the discipline of waiting.  Most of us struggle with waiting.  There is a celebrative element to waiting when we expectantly wait for God to do what more He has promised to do.  When you think about it, the hope and future promised in Jeremiah 29:11 deserves a daily celebration.
So. Hope.  Watch. Wait. And while you are at it . . . celebrate . . . what more is yet to come!


Learning to KickStart the day in hope,

Kerrie
(written by Kerrie L. Palmer © 2010 All Rights Reserved