Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Mission


If, we are honest, we can go through some days and forget our mission in life, not because of a crisis of faith, but because we lack focus, allowing the details of the day to be all-consuming.  I know this because I have been there and done that, more than I care to say.

It is easier to borrow the day, using up time and space, rather than owning the day as a gift, an opportunity, and a responsibility to live purposefully and finish well.  Many times the first thought, when we wake up, is often about how to get through the day rather than how to purposefully and intentionally live the day.

Easter makes me realize, all over again, that it's up to me.  
The thing is . . .  Jesus had a mission, living with purpose,  focused on moving forward, despite opposition, difficulties, and certain death . . . to complete His mission, revealing what it looks like to finish well.   
Consider.
But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God (Acts 20:24, NLT)
We have to decide to cross over the line of mediocre, focused on our mission, living with purpose, finishing the work Christ assigns us.
Cross the line.
Live with purpose.
Finish well.
Learning to Kickstart the day purposefully, with the intent to finish well,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)