Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Momentum of Faith

He asked me the profound question,
"Why should I have faith in God when life is so hard?"
He said he had come to find God because nothing else had worked. And.  He found God.  Circumstances became harder to manage, life seemed dark. So.  He asked the question.  I'm the first to say it was true, nothing seemed to be easy in his life.  What's the answer to this difficult question?
One thing I've learned: Life is not about circumstances but about God.  It's a matter of faith. At the end of the day, faith does not stand still but is active, the momentum of who we are, what we do, where we go, and why we live.
Consider.
God said:
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; 
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. 
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, 
Nor will the flame burn you. (Isaiah 43: 2, NASB). 


The writer of Psalms 23 said:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I fear no evil, for You are with me;  (Psalm 23:4 NASB).


God said:
‘Do not fear, for I am with you; 
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, 
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ (Isaiah 41: 10, NASB).


The writer of Psalm 27 said:
The LORD is my light and my salvation; 
Whom shall I fear?


The key to living beyond circumstances is to have faith in the presence and power of God whether we are going to the mountain top or walking through the valley of the shadow of death, whether we are experiencing comfort and ease or going through a storm, whether our way is easy or we walk through the fire.  No matter how we feel, what we think, or where we are, God will never leave and never fail us.

Exercise your faith.  Get strong. Make a personal declaration of faith, the momentum of living the best life:
Even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear.  God is with me. 
Learning to Kickstart the day with the momentum of faith,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)