Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lift Your Eyes and See


It's not an easy day.  But.  It's a day of purpose, of consequence, and of God.  The thing is  . . . we tend to depend on ourselves until we are faced with the impossible of the day . . . then we turn to God and hope we'll be saved.  It is in the impossible, we often realize all at once, that God gives us the courage and ability to face all things.  When we spend the day whining, worried, or fearful, we miss the whole point of living in relationship with God.
What really makes any day the most difficult is losing sight of God. 
Even then, God uses others to bring us back to the place of complete trust.
Actually a friend emailed me a song while struggling with the thought, "I don't want to do what I need to do today."  It was a word from God:
Always--
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm 
My help is on the way, my help is on the way 
 Oh, my God, He will not delay 
My refuge and strength always 
I will not fear, His promise is true 
My God will come through always, always . . . I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord ~Kristian Stanfill


Consider. 
"Don't be afraid. Dear Zion, don't despair. Your God is present among you, a strong Warrior there to save you.  Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs. (Zephaniah 3:16-17).

Zephaniah 3:16-17 gives two major commands:  Dont' be afraid.  Don't despair.
Then, there's an explanation to why its possible to not have fear or live in despair:  God is always present, a strong Warrior, who will save you and will calm you, singing over you with delight.
In other words, we do not need to fear anything but, rather, trust God to always be at work on our behalf as our strong Warrior.  
Fear is the absence of trust. So.  We need to evaluate the day, asking ourselves, "Am I responding in fear?"  As we evaluate ourselves, we must honestly assess if we are completely trusting God.  Trust requires quick action to fight the fear by lifting our eyes up from the circumstance to the presence of God.
Remember there's no reason to fear or to be in despair.  See the strong Warrior God always present and fighting for you.

Learning to Kickstart the day lifting my eyes to see the presence of the strong Warrior,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)