Thursday, August 25, 2011

With Christ

I've had to manage a situation that I don't want to have in my life.  So.  As I was driving to an appointment to talk about it, I had a moment in time of thinking about ways I could escape the whole situation.  But.  One of the cool things about having a relationship with God is that we are not alone.  God speaks to us in our need even when we are not calling out for divine help but actually planning an escape route to avoid the hard stuff of life.  I was reminded of the Word given to me almost a month ago.
At that time, I had no idea what I would be facing; however, I sensed God had used scripture as His message to me for a reason: JOY COMES IN THE MORNING.  
The thing is . . . this word has had profound meaning many times in my life . . . it was not as if this was something new . . .however, it felt new in the moment.  I’ve learned throughout the years that God is continually making all things new.  This message actually comes from Psalm 30.

It’s a message that life won’t always be about suffering,; it’s a message of something more; it’s a message that we’ll never have to be stuck in the hard stuff of life, it’s a message that though we can’t see it, God is working on our behalf and doing something new; it’s a message of a full life.  When suffering comes, we are able to know with confidence, it’s not the end of the story.
In the midst of the really hard stuff, we need to intentionally keep aware of the heart of the story of God: we are created to experience the fullness of life with God. 
Through Christ, we are enabled to have the best life, regardless of what we face.  Apart from Christ, we can do nothing.  With Christ, all things are possible.  The word, with, is key to living beyond and above all the stuff.  To live the best life, we live with Christ.

Consider. 
 “Look! The virgin will conceive a child!
      She will give birth to a son,
   and they will call him Immanuel,
      which means ‘God is with us.’” 
(Matthew 23:1, NLT).

God gave Jesus Christ to the world, Immanuel, God with us.  What makes life the hardest is losing sight of the presence, power, and peace of Christ.
With Christ, we know God is our friend and that living, no matter how hard, is an incredible gift.
With Christ, we have truth, life, and the way to get through it all.
With Christ, all things are possible.
With Christ, all things come together for good.
With Christ, we have a peace which surpasses all understanding.
With Christ, we experience life after death, whether it's death of a dream, a job, a relationship, or physical death.
With Christ, we have the joy of living.

Experience all of life with Christ.

Learning to Kickstart the day with Christ,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)