Tuesday, November 1, 2011

ATTITUDE

Sometimes my attitude is well . . . an ATTITUDE.  A few nights ago, I reacted to something I have to do.  But.  I shouldn't have to do it.  I tried to tell myself that "what is . . . is."  I began to feel an ATTITUDE developing in me.  I was wise enough to have time alone to work it out with God rather than letting it impact others.  I'm not always wise when it comes to my ATTITUDE.
When my attitude becomes more of a reaction than a conviction, when it's more about getting my way than impacting others, when it's about self and not Christ, I've missed the point of the moment.  
The thing is . . . attitude is the power behind our words and actions . . . which communicates our message of life.  Words and actions will either heal or harm, encourage or discourage, inspire or deflate, bring hope or leave others hopeless.

And.  We know attitude is a choice, but often fail to even think about its power until we mess up with an ATTITUDE, leaving victims along the way, changing the moment from good to bad in an instant.
Consider.
Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy (Ephesians 4:23-24, NLT). 

We're told to let the Spirit renew our thoughts and attitudes.  In other words, the Spirit is present and ready to give us God-like thoughts and attitudes; however, it's our choice to let the Spirit be at work within us.
  • Be aware of the power of your attitude in each moment. 
  • Evaluate how your attitude is impacting your message in the moment.
  • Let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. 
  • Put on your new nature--intentionally choose for your attitude to be like Christ. 

Learning to Kickstart the day with a Spirit-filled attitude.
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)