Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Power of Presence


Frogs live in the wetlands behind our house.
Annoying frogs. 
Loud croaking frogs. 
Persistent-unable-to-ignore frogs.

The thing is . . . the frogs are there . . . nothing we can do . . . they are present.  

Presence.  There is power in presence.  

Think about it . . . when someone or something is present . . . details and circumstances change just by being present. 
Sometimes people ask me what they can do to help someone in crisis.  I often tell them that there is ministry in presence. 

How often does knowing that God is present . . . really present . . . change how we interpret and respond to life? 

We are promised that God is present . . . the promise is an anchor we can drop . . . to set and secure our mindset, emotions, and soul:

Do not fear, for I am with you;
         Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God
         I will strengthen you, surely)I will help you,
         Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right

Be aware of the presence of God.
Refuse fear.
Refuse anxiety.
Look about you and know God is present.
Receive strength and help from the presence of God.


 Learning with you to KICK START the day . . . trusting God is present.
                                      Pastor Kerrie 

 (written by Kerrie Palmer © 2010 All Rights Reserved)
interactstudies/ ~ kpalmer@hillchurch.com ~Church on the Hill~700 N. Hill Rd.~McMinnville, OR 97128~503.472.8476 ~www.hillchurch.com~Archives & Daily Subscription: go to http://kickstarttoday.blogspot.com/