Thursday, February 3, 2011

Face the Battle as a Winner

Cancer.  I hate the word.  I know.  Hate is a strong word.  But.  I hate cancer.  It does terrible things.  The thing is . . .  there are significant people in my life . . .  heroes . . . who have battled with cancer and taught me, and so many others, lessons of life.
Like:
Cancer is a horrible battle. But. It is not ours to fight alone.  God will never leave us to fight it alone.   Never. Cancer is invasive and intrusive.  But.  It does not define who we are.  Never. Cancer is, at times, overwhelming to manage.  But.  It is not impossible with Christ to manage.  Never. Cancer will never win. Never.
So.  What is the main point of these hard-earned life lessons?
Regardless of whatever or whoever comes against you, the battle is won the moment you hand the battle over to God. 
Consider:
. . .  This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s. (2 Chronicles 20: 15, NLT)
Powerful words to live by.  No matter how big the battle becomes, God will fight the battle.  My identity is not in who or what I am battling, but it is in God.  Nothing, I face, is impossible, when I face it with God. So.  I need to purposefully ask the Spirit of God to break off any fear or discouragement in my life and give me strength to walk through any and every battle, knowing the battle belongs to God, not to me.
Face the battle . . . 
do not be afraid . . . 
don't be discouraged 
 . . . for the battle belongs to God.
Learning to Kickstart the day facing the battle as a winner,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)