Monday, February 28, 2011

Thinking


Totally worth it.  Years of work.  Life-consuming.  They gave up the comfort of their American life in order to serve some orphans hidden in the midst of a war-torn country. To be exact, Japan, right after WWII.  Not everyone state-side thought they should go; not everyone in Japan thought they should be there.  Reasoning and thinking came from a war-perspective, an us-and-them mindset.   But.  My friends believed the children were facing more than what anyone could really think about it.
When they finally left, Japan had been so impacted by my friends, Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Hendricks, the Japanese royalty asked to meet them.
 I met them after.  The way they thought about life changed the way I thought.  Even now, long since their life ended on earth, the way they approached life continues to influence the way I think.   I don't want to close my eyes to what God puts in front of me.  I want to see, feel, and think on the thoughts and ways of God.  And.  Respond with courage.

Consider.
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. (Isaiah 55:8, NIV).

What and how we think directs our words, attitude, and actions, impacting ourselves and the world around us, one way or another.  Our thoughts often focus on impossibilities, pain, preservation of self, and limitations.  But.  God-driven-thoughts take us to a place of  . . . possibilities . . . healing . . . restoration . . . and miracles.

The thing is . . . it is imperative to develop a mindset with God-driven-thoughts in order to go and do what God says to do . . . moving into the place where heaven and earth collide, the place of God's thoughts.  We can study and think on God's thoughts through intentional study in His Word.

It has always been a miracle to me, to move from my realm of thinking to the realm of God's thinking.  No one should miss the experience.  Some thoughts for today,
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you (Deut. 31: 6).  Nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37). I can do all things through Christ (Philippians 4:13).  Not by might, nor power, but by my Spirit (Zechariah 4:6).
Step into the realm of God's thoughts, where heaven and earth collide. Ask God what He thoughts you are to have today.  Experience the day with God-driven thoughts.

Learning to Kickstart the day with God-driven-thoughts,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)