Friday, May 13, 2011

All You Need

He made a decision without thinking about the consequences.  His world crashed when he was caught, so, he confessed to his wife and came to my office with her.  I listened to their stories of pain. They said they wanted to start over with God's help, clearly broken, reaching out for something beyond themselves, speaking without the religious words people often say when they want to be rescued but not necessarily changed.

We prayed a simple prayer, using only a few words, asking God to come.  And.  God came.  There is no doubt God is present when there is peace where there has been chaos, when there is hope where there has been hopelessness, when there is a commitment to start over where there has been an ending, when there is change.
This was the kind of change which is from God's grace, a power which will never be contained, a power which changes the dynamics of any and every thought, behavior, and choice we make, a power which makes life new.  
Consider.

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me (2 Corinthians 12:9, NLT).
The words cause me to stop and pay attention to the powerful gift of grace,
My grace is all you need . . .
my grace is all . . .
my grace.
When all is said and done, grace, the power of Christ which works through us, is all we need, is all, is from Him.  

Thank God for the power of grace you have received.
Learning to Kickstart the day in grace, the power of Christ working in us,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)