Friday, June 3, 2011

Finish Strong

I want to finish strong, which I know requires intentional, purposeful focus, which means losing my focus will divert me from the goal. So.  I must pay attention when  the stuff of life distracts me, taking my eyes off of the important things. The thing is . . . to be strong is to be obedient, aligned with what God has planned . . . doing everything possible to live the best way, rather than misusing the gift of life.

I need to ask the hard questions and answer honestly:

  • Am I treating my body as a gift--do I rest, exercise, and eat well?  
  • Am I training my mind to think wisely, letting go of the things that don't belong, focused on God?
  • Am I keeping my relationships healthy, forgiving what needs to be forgiven, living in the power of grace, loving unconditionally?
  • Am I wise with my resources, investing the gifts of time, talent, and money with generosity?
  • Which all leads to the question . . . Am I living a healthy spiritual life, developing and growing in my relationship with God and others?
I refuse to end my time on earth doing less than what God has asked me to do in every area of life. If, I end the day weak, rather than strong, I will miss living the best life.  I have found we tend to focus on impossibilities, especially when things get tough, realizing we can't possibly be strong enough to fix the stuff of life or make the impossible to be possible; however,  God will strengthen us through His unstoppable revolutionary power to do all things, which enables us to finish this race of life strong.  It is a gift of grace, which occurs through happen living in Christ.   Those who have never experienced the gift of grace often minimize the power of God working in us, until, they enter into it and become empowered to live better, experiencing more than ever could be imagined.

Consider.
“And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. Consider now, for the LORD has chosen you to build a house as the sanctuary. Be strong and do the work” (1 Chronicles 28:9-10 (Today's New International Version)).
We are given a divine assignment, to live the best life with purpose and strength.  David told his son, Solomon, to build the house as the sanctuary.  If, we build our life as a sanctuary, we will be strong, acknowledging God, intentionally aware of His presence, serving Him with wholehearted devotion, refusing to be half-hearted in any area of life, wanting to live God's best way with a willing mind, seeking Him, doing the work we're assigned to do, stronger because every area of living is God-centered.

Live the best life.
Live as a sanctuary.
Finish strong.

Learning to Kickstart the day focused on finishing strong,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)