Monday, June 20, 2011

Moments

I have been introduced to a whole new community, composed of individuals who have lived eighty-plus decades, who are making an effort to reach out to my mother-in-law,  the new "kid" on the block.  After a few discussions with them, it's clear they've passed through the stuff of life, come out the other side, and developed a life view:  Life is what it is, a gift.
The thing is . . . they no longer live life in between the stuff . . . they live all the time, believing each moment matters.  
There is power in believing each moment matters, receiving the gift in it, living it the way God has planned.


Consider.
 MY SON, forget not my law or teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments; for length of days and years of a life [worth living] and tranquility [inward and outward and continuing through old age till death], these shall they add to you. (Proverbs 3:1-2, AMP)
The wise words found in Proverbs, give clarity to intentionally living God's way.  When we are more concerned with the stuff of life, when we get stuck in it all, when we fail to see the gift in the moment, when we feel like it's all a mess, we've missed what more God has planned for us.  God's word outlines how to live the best life, making each moment count, regardless of the stuff; however, it won't work unless we take it to heart, putting it into practice.  It requires us to stop and to ask--is this the way Jesus would do it?

So.  I am learning from Jesus' words, determined to keep them in my heart, focused on living the best life for Him:
  • “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5, NIV).--Life is productive, fruitful, and full when we live in and through Christ, surrendering everything to Him, trusting Him for sustenance, developing our mind, heart, and behavior to be more like Him.  Without Him, we can do nothing.  
  • "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you" (John 15:7, NIV).-- These words are powerful to think about.  When we step into the realm of His will and way and stay there, He will do whatever we ask. 
  •  "If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love" (John 15:10, NIV).--These words echo the wise words in proverbs, giving us the key to make each moment count: Keep doing what Jesus has shown us to do and do it in His love.  

Refuse to live in between the stuff of life:

  • Learn from His word today.
  • Take His word to heart.
  • Put His word into action.
  • Live each moment.


Learning to Kickstart the day making each moment count for Him,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)