Friday, December 2, 2011

The Plan

It was one of those days.   I did not realize I set  my down-coat close enough to a lamp that my sleeve cradled its' warm bulb.  I thought something was wrong with the heating system when the room smelled like something was burning.  But.  Turns out, the heat of the light bulb burned a hole through the lining of my sleeve, leaving a burnt oder, providing a pathway for the coat's feathers to escape.   Seriously, there's nothing professional about a pastor leaving a burnt fragrance with a trail of feathers behind while attending meetings and visiting people in the hospital.  The unnecessary, ridiculous, annoying interruption plagued me and entertained many people all day long.
  The point of the day needs to be remembered.
Consider what Jeremiah wrote in his book: 
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11, NLT)
~The thing is . . . if, we believe God . . . then, we must trust God's got each moment of the day covered.  In other words, God uses everything that comes our way,  including unnecessary, annoying, ridiculous interruptions, to put His plan into place.  Today is a part of the plan of a future and hope which has been issued from the heart of God; it gives reason to celebrate each moment.~
In those days when you pray, I will listen. (Jeremiah 29:12, NLT)
~Communicating with God  throughout the day is vital. The Creator of the universe promises to listen.  It's a part of the plan.~ 
 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. (Jeremiah 29:13, NLT)
~Focusing on God changes how we live . . . giving us a perspective beyond any distractions . . . because we will find God. And then, we realize there's so much more to the day because God has planned for us to find Him.~ 
Regardless of unnecessary, annoying, ridiculous interruptions, our day is about the presence and power of God, trusting there's an issued supernatural daily plan.
What holds our attention is a choice.  Focus on God and the issued plan for the day, believing God will use all things, even a burnt coat leaving a trail of feathers, as part of our future and hope.

Learning to Kickstart the day believing the plan for the day has been issued from the heart of God,
Kerrie
(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)