Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Issue of Complaining

Go Deeper;  interAct: Bible Study  & interAct Study #7 & insights #7
Attend the InterAct Bible Study: Live Strong

It seems like we can make life  . . . over-the-top-complicated.    Complaining creates complications.    Complaining stresses the body, mind, and heart while  gratefulness  energizes and contributes to our health.
The Apostle understood the power of living beyond complaints:  so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and that you may become blameless and harmless. . . Philippians 2:15
We live in freedom . . . beyond reproach . . . when we clear our mind and heart from complaining.  In other words, complaining causes impure thoughts, attitudes, feelings, words and actions.

How can we do this in a culture that is conducive to complaining? 

We need to seek God first . . . and pray:
 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
         And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
(  Psalm 51:10)
And . . . praise God: "I love You, O LORD, my strength."
    The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
         My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
         My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
    I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised.
( Psalm 18:1-3)
With thanksgiving:
    Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. (1 Chronicles 29:13)
Take time to sift and sort through your mind, heart, and soul today with the guidance of the Spirit.
Take responsibility to let go and remove what does not belong.
Take joy in the results of the sorting, sifting, and removal process: a clean mind, heart, and soul!

Worship: David Chowder: Oh Praise Him
  Learning with you to KICK START the day . . . grateful . . .  complaint-free! 

Pastor Kerrie


(interAct written by Kerrie Palmer © 2009 All Rights Reserved)
kpalmer@hillchurch.com ~Church on the Hill~700 N. Hill Rd.~McMinnv,lle, OR 97128~503.472.8476 ~www.hillchurch.com~ interAct
 Kick Start Your Day~Archives & Daily Subscription: go to http://kickstarttoday.blogspot.com/
interAct: Bible Study  & interAct Study #7 & insights #7