Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Doing Life Together


Death.
Loss. 
Grief.
Family.
Friends. 
As I watch a family grieve . . . I watch others come alongside . . . and I see the power of doing life together.
At times, the journey of life can be difficult, overwhelming, and unbearable.   The thing is . . .  when we are present for one another . . . empowered to help each other move forward . . . there is a powerful shift from surviving  to experiencing the fullness of life.  In the process, we keep one another going . . . becoming stronger as we do life together . . . making a significant difference in who we are. God has made it so. 
In the words of Jesus . . . we are a friend of God . . . and as His friend . . . we are given the ability to make a difference . . . to intentionally bear fruit in the lives of others . . . a lasting fruit.
You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because servants do not know their master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 15:14-16
As a friend of God, we are empowered to bear lasting fruit.  
First, we need to have the mindset that God has willed it for us to bear lasting fruit.
Second, we ask in the name of Christ.
Third, we receive the power to bear fruit, making a difference that is beyond ourselves.
Experience more.
Do life together.
Intentionally bear fruit . . . the kind of fruit that lasts . . . in one another’s life by asking in the name of Christ.
 Learning with you to KICK START the day . . . doing life together . . . intentionally bearing fruit in the name of Christ,
                                      Pastor Kerrie
 (written by Kerrie Palmer © 2010 All Rights Reserved)
interactstudies/ ~ kpalmer@hillchurch.com ~Church on the Hill~700 N. Hill Rd.~McMinnville, OR 97128~503.472.8476 ~www.hillchurch.com~Archives & Daily Subscription: go to http://kickstarttoday.blogspot.com/