Friday, August 13, 2010

Trust as a child . . . make each summer day count

THE SENIOR PASTOR/EXECUTIVE PASTOR TEAM:
I spent the day with 17-month old Madelyn.  She taught me about complete trust.  It was apparent that she had no doubt that I would be continually present, planning out our time together, protective of her body, mind, and soul, providing for her needs, planning and carry out the plans for her, and interactive in her day.
A small child has shown me the greatness of complete trust.
The Bible underscores that:
We are to trust as a child::  Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
We are to trust Christ to always be present:  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
We are to trust God tobe  our protection: You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.(Psalm 32:7)
We are to trust that God has personal plans for us: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
 We are to trust that God interacts with our life: 1-4 But now, God's Message, the God who made you in the first place, Jacob, the One who got you started, Israel:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
   I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
   When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
   it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
   The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you:
   all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in!
That's how much you mean to me!
   That's how much I love you!
I'd sell off the whole world to get you back,
   trade the creation just for you. Isaiah 43:1-3

Choose to completely trust as a child.
Trust Christ to always be present.
Trust God for protection.
Trust God to put His plan into action. 
Trust God to be interactive.
Trust..

Learning with you to KICK START the day trusting as a child,
Pastor Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Palmer © 2010 All Rights Reserved)
interactstudies/ ~ kpalmer@hillchurch.com ~Church on the Hill~700 N. Hill Rd.~McMinnville, OR 97128~503.472.8476 ~www.hillchurch.com~Archives & Daily Subscription: go to http://kickstarttoday.blogspot.com/