Thursday, September 2, 2010

Living Intentionally

One of my life mentors told me on several occasions that no matter how difficult life became . . .
how miserable the day seemed . . .
that if I trusted God . . .
I would be blessed . . .
knowing the activity of God . . .
bearing fruit in my life regardless of the "heat."

I can't count the times that I would receive a phone message or card in the mail with the scripture:
 "But blessed are those who trust in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.
 They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8 (Today's New International Version)

Through the years, in the middle of innumerable crises, the words of Jeremiah became a personal truth to manage the challenges of life:
Trust God.
Put all of my confidence in God . . . no one and nothing else.
Become blessed, despite the crisis.
Remember that I am blessed because I am engaged in an ongoing-active-personal relationship with God . . . sustained by Christ, the Living Water, as a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream . . .
And despite the heat of life . . . there is life . . . as a tree with continual green leaves. . . .
So. I will not worry about drought because the Living Water is always present . . .
Regardless of the circumstance I will continue living with purpose . . .
producing fruit.
I am grateful for receiving the wisdom of my mentor.
Remember Jeremiah's words.
Live as a tree planted along the Living Water with continual green leaves bearing fruit in all seasons.

Learning with you to KICK START the day living intentionally,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Palmer © 2010 All Rights Reserved)