Monday, September 13, 2010

What are you doing here?

 My friend is certain that God spoke to him.  I am not talking about the big fireworks and drum roll kind of talk, but, a gentle whisper, like Elijah heard:  After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. (1 Kings 19:12) .

I, too, have heard the gentle whispers of God.   It is in the gentle whispers that we hear the question that God asked Elijah:  What are you doing here? (From I Kings 19:13)

It seems to me that if we keep doing what we have been doing but want God to change things . . . we are . . . well . . . dumb. There is a reason that God whispers the question to us.  The reason?  If, we want change, we must be a part of the change. At the end of the day, our life is about living with the purpose God has created us to do.

So.  We must be honest when we answer the question, "What am I doing here?"
 . . . Which leads to more questions . . . 
Am I living on purpose?
Am I part of the change in this world that makes life better for others?
Am I making an impact for Christ?  
  God whispers the question to help us see that we are to face life with His purpose . . . that we can change with His strength . . . that we can move forward with His direction . .. and that ultimately we can live beyond our own ability.
Stop and listen to the whispers of God.
Answer the question:  What are you doing here?
Change what needs to be changed.
Go where God says to go.

Learning with you to kickstart the day answering God's whispered question,

Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Palmer © 2010 All Rights Reserved)