Monday, March 14, 2011

Climb Mountains

My friends climb mountains.  The way they tell it, every mountain can be conquered. They have told me more than once, I could climb with training and the right equipment. They have showed me their ascenders, rope grabs, and rappel devices, planning and plotting their next climb, attempting to get me excited about climbing mountains. The thing is . . . their enthusiasm and passion is contagious . . . making it seem that climbing a mountain is possible.
But.  I don't always feel so enthusiastic or passionate when the stuff of life becomes a mountain on my path.  When the mountain seems too big to climb. . .  I end up camping out at the base of the mountain, unable to find enough energy to move, belief to climb, or to see the possibilities at the top . . . until . . . I am willing to rely on the Spirit of God to make the climb with me. 
Consider.  
Then he said to me, “This is what the Lord says to Zerubbabel: It is not by force nor by strength, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel’s way; it will become a level plain before him! And when Zerubbabel sets the final stone of the Temple in place, the people will shout: ‘May God bless it! May God bless it!’ (Zechariah 4:6-7, NLT).   
We are not alone on the journey.  God is present.  Always.  And, God will strengthen us. The potential that could be found at the top is dismissed and at times, doubted, because of the pain and difficulty of making the climb, delaying or detouring us on the path.  The thing is . . . the perspective of life is different from the base of the mountain than it is at the top . . .  the belief that all things are possible with God  will move us to the top, where there is a greater view of possibilities . . . when we surrender it all, giving it all to the Spirit of God . . . then we are enabled to see the mountain as a level plain.

Surrender.
Receive the power of the Spirit of God.
Climb the mountain.
See the possibilities on the journey.
Enjoy the view from the top.
Learning to Kickstart the day climbing mountains,
Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2011 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED