Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Come on . . . step out.

One day I watched my friend stand completely  still on a city sidewalk during a rainstorm. She did not move towards shelter or open the umbrella in her hand as the rain pelted her.  Meanwhile. . . I stood safely and comfortably under the roof of a building with my umbrella open. As I watched her get wet she coaxed me,
“Come on . . . step out . . . experience the rain with me.”
I smiled but did not move.
After the rain stopped, my friend explained that water coming out of the skies should be considered an amazing miracle.  I had only seen the rain as an inconvenience and something to step away from.
There are so many things that we miss in life . . . because we fail to step out and experience the daily gifts . . . and subsequently miss the miracles of living.  The Apostle Paul described this kind of living as an upward calling, empowered by the indwelling presence of the Spirit.  Through the Spirit of God we are enabled to step out and experience more . . . to live fully and wholly in each moment of time.    Paul explained how to experience more:
I  press on toward the goal
for the prize of the  upward call
of God in Christ Jesus . . . Philippians 3:14
Make the decision to step out . . . and experience the daily gifts and miracle 
of living today  and the coming New Year.  
Learning with you to KICK START the day . . . stepping out.
                                      Pastor Kerrie



 (written by Kerrie Palmer © 2009 All Rights Reserved)
kpalmer@hillchurch.com ~Church on the Hill~700 N. Hill Rd.~McMinnv,lle, OR 97128~503.472.8476 ~www.hillchurch.com~ interAct
 
Kick Start Your Day~Archives & Daily Subscription: go to http://kickstarttoday.blogspot.com/
interAct: Bible Study  &  Expectation . . . Advent 2009