Tuesday, September 15, 2009

All Things


A long while ago, our family faced no-good-down-right-difficult times.  
Everything seemed hopeless, nothing seemed possible.  We repeatedly and intentionally let go of the fear of what could happen.  The thing is . . . we would decide to trust God . . . really trust Him . . . handing the fear over to Him; however, as so often occurs, details would change, and fear would move back into our thinking, conversations, and behavior.  It took active trust to continually surrender the fear to God.  Along the way, as we let go of the fear, it became evident that God was at work in the midst of adversity.  

 I had been weighted down by worry . . . until I could not manage the pressure . . . and gave it to God.  There was a moment in time when I realized that God who created the universe could manage the things I was worried about without my worry.   The circumstance did not change but I changed.  After many sleepless nights, I finally slept with peace . . . a peace that could only be from God.  And in the morning . . . I woke up with a song in my mind. 

The gift of a morning song has continued throughout the years.

One song . . . "Call On Jesus" has echoed in my mind more than once . . . in the early morning hours . . . reminding me that it is the power of Jesus that shifts the universe through no-good-down-right-difficult times to put the plan of God in place.
But when I call on Jesus
All things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles and soar
When I call on Jesus
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven
and earth to come rescue me when I call. ~ Nicole C Mullen: Call on Jesus
Pray:  God, You will shift the universe to put your plan into place. All things are possible!

Jesus looked at them and said,
"With human beings this is impossible,
but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)

With God, all things are possible . . . . even . . . receiving a morning song as a reminder that God is present and at work in the impossibilities of life.

Learning with you to KICK START the day
 . . . intentionally calling on Jesus and listening for His answer: "All things are possible."

Pastor Kerrie

(written by Kerrie Palmer © 2009 All Rights Reserved)
kpalmer@hillchurch.com ~Church on the Hill~700 N. Hill Rd.~McMinnville, OR 97128~503.472.8476 ~www.hillchurch.com~ Kick Start Your Day
Archives & Daily Subscription: go to http://kickstarttoday.blogspot.com/