Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shock and Surprise

“I can’t believe it.”
“I never thought it could happen to me.”
“I have been caught off guard.”
In the moments that shock and surprise us . . . we need to manage the situation . . . regardless of how huge or impossible it seems.
There is a way to manage life . . . to be healthy and whole . . . but it can’t be apart from Christ. 

The Apostle Paul explained the precept as being a bond-servant:

[ Thanksgiving ] Paul and Timothy, bond-servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, including the overseers and deacons . . . Philippians 1:1

The bond-servant belonged to the Master. 

Perhaps the best way to explain the relationship of the bond-servant is to go to John 15:5 when Jesus explained:
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”

Certainly, the picture of the vine and branches depicts a life-sustaining union.
Study: John 15.
Life is to be maximized for the purpose of Christ.
Choose to respond to the shock and surprises of life through Christ.
Pray:  God, I choose to be Your bond-servant.
Learning with you to KICK START the day . . . as a bond-servant of Christ,
Pastor Kerrie

For a deeper study go to: InterAct: Bible Study

kpalmer@hillchurch.com ~Church on the Hill~700 N. Hill Rd.~McMinnville, OR 97128~503.472.8476 ~www.hillchurch.com~ InterAct: Bible Study~Kick Start Your Day