Sunday, September 27, 2009

Joy In The Morning


Laughter and love faded.
Hearts emptied.
Silence spread. 
Grief came. 
Doubt.
Disbelief.
Prayer.
Peace.
Hope.
Trust.
New beginnings: Joy . . . that comes in the morning!

Meditate on the dedication song for the temple:

Psalm 30:1
I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.

You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.

Pray:  Thank You for Your rescuing power . . . that refuses to let the enemy of the soul triumph!

O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
      and you restored my health.
You brought me up from the grave, O Lord.
      You kept me from falling into the pit of death.

Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones!
      Praise his holy name.


Pray:  Thank You for restoration . . . preventing a fall into the pit of death!

  Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones!
      Praise his holy name.
 For his anger lasts only a moment,
      but his favor lasts a lifetime!
   Weeping may last through the night,
      but joy comes with the morning. When I was prosperous, I said, “Nothing can stop me now!”

Pray:  Thank You for joy in the morning.


Learning with you to KICK START the day . . . with joy in the morning,
Pastor Kerrie



(written by Kerrie Palmer © 2009 All Rights Reserved)
kpalmer@hillchurch.com ~Church on the Hill~700 N. Hill Rd.~McMinnville, OR 97128~503.472.8476 ~www.hillchurch.com~ Kick Start Your Day